Saturday, July 14, 2012

The poop (matters) Mater


If you can’t stand those nasty histories about kids please DON’T read this post. If you do read it, I’ve already said it’s disgusting.

Once upon a time …

We gave our first born this AMAZING Mater car from the movie “Cars”, which had the original paint from when he wasn’t that rusty brown old Mater.  He was very excited about the car and played with him a lot.  This was a very difficult car to be found. When we saw him, we bought it.

For some reason, that I don’t even remember anymore, our young Mater accidentally fell off in the “clean” toilet.  He spent 2 seconds there. Two seconds!
I took him instantly from that “clean” toilet. I washed and sterilized that car forever. I really wanted to buy another one, but I could not found it anymore. So anyway, we kept that little thing.

Of course my son saw everything. The fall, cleaning, and decontamination.  For a less than 2 years old that was such and impacting moment that he only remembered “the poop” or “the poop Mater”.

I hid that car for a while because he refused to play with the car again. If you know my son and get to spend sometime with him, you’ll notice how impeccable neat he is. 

Anyway, I hid that car and every time I would put the car out to play, he would look at that car and said: “Mommy that is the poop Mater”.  (There was no poop in that anyway, but that was how he called it)

So after a long time hidden somewhere, he appeared out of the hidden toy boxes once again. However, this time my son took him out of the box.

Still calling him “The poop Mater” and in his little and very smart mind he saw a tiny piece of poop in there (which of course THERE WHERE ANY poop in there). 

I might take him to the store again to try to find another Mater, so he’ll get this traumatized episode off of his little and pure mind.  I am not sure though if he'll continue to associate the new car to the terrible accident.

I guess in the end the poop matters after all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment