Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Walk


                                     Photo by Jill Nobles

Today I was thinking about life. I was thinking about the ups and downs, the stages in life, the people we know, the ones that come and going and the ones that come and staying (who by the way are very few).

These couple weeks ago, I’ve watched two awesome movies that led me to reflect on some things. I’ve watched the "Machine Gun Preacher", which addresses the true story of a former drug dealer who receives a calling that changes the whole story of his life. Once he was a former dealer who became a rescuer for orphans in Sudan. Excellent movie!

It made me think of how many times I think I have "big problems". It made me think that "small problems" are easier to solve than what I have imagine. It made me stop and think about how is my walk. Unfortunately, as a terrible sinner, It made me desire to walk another walk. A walk that today is not mine. And I do not know if it will be in the future. Then I woke up and saw that the movie was kind of an open eye and an inspiration to someone's life. I can have it as a reference, but I do not want to live that walk.

The other film, "The Joneses", tells the story of a false perfect family. A family that is envied by others. What happens then is that others always end up wanting to keep up appearances only because of this false perfect family. This is another problem. When I start to greatly want the life of another, or what the other has, it becomes an immense weight in my life. Until you get a frustration moment at not being the other, or not to have something that he / she has.

When I don’t walk my walk, my life turns into a twisted reflection of myself. I can even walk with my neighbor for a while, or have someone with me in my walk. But I cannot make it a constant thing.  The only constant is that I must walk with Jesus. I want to walk my walk and be extremely happy with it.

Each one of us has his/her walk and most importantly is for you to walk your walk and not the other one.
Be content with your pleasing walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment