Thursday, August 2, 2012

When the glass breaks




My lovely husband woke me up with a sweet kiss and a phrase, “Honey, I accidentally broke the glass and I can’t clean up because I don’t want to wake the kids up”.

“Really? Are you sure I am the one who will have to clean up the mess? Oh Jeez!

You know those days when you are not expecting any change on your routine, but all of he sudden your water glass breaks?  In a matter of seconds, whatever that you were planning went down the toilet and it’s time to clean up.


Since the glass broke near by the refrigerator and stove, I’ve decided to move them to clean up under both.  Then I remembered that a while back I have moved the stove and there were this huge hole behind it.  Plus an awful electric plug wiring, which was standing out of the wall.  Plus the disgusted dirty.  Of course when I saw that once, I didn’t mention to the “maintenance” guys.  I pretended to be blind and cleaned behind the stove and put it back.  Here I was again, but this time besides cleaning I had to do something about it and asked the guys to fix it.

That made me think about the holes we have in our lives, our souls.  How many times we don’t want to face our own brokenness? Or maybe when something inside us breaks while cleaning, we find this huge mess that only could be seen it if we have removed something. 

Sometimes we see that “thing” and don’t want to bother to mention to anyone to help us fix it.  We know it is there, but we are too “lazy” to get help to fix it.  So we close our eyes to the “problem” and go on with our lives.  However, if another breaks come, we will have to face that “thing” again and deal with it.  Should we close our eyes again, or should we let someone come and help to fix it? 

I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (John 10: 10b) 

No comments:

Post a Comment