Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Is worth a “King”




We have been struggling with our “picky eater”.  I really didn’t knew what else to do for my older to at least try something new.  For a long while, he only wanted his P.B. & honey and apples.  That was all he wanted for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I decided to do something about it.  I cut down all the crap snacks and milk.  No more snacks or milk until he had at least one decent meal daily. 

Meanwhile, he also wanted that car from Disney “King”, which by the way cannot be found in any toy store anywhere.  It’s so pricey and it is for sale only on the Internet.
We came up with this idea of telling him that if he would eat his food (anything that we put it on his plate), we would give him the “King” within a month.  As if he understands anything about time. 

On the other hand, we also use a suggestion from a friend saying to him “You will not leave this table until you eat the food”.  My husband and I really meant that.  One day he sat on the table with his dinner (rice and beans). He refused to eat his beans and he sat there for over three hours.  My husband and I didn’t back up this time. 
   
    “You either eat the food or you will not leave this table”. 

We were at war.  We left the table.  Played with our younger, bathed him.  We also told our older one that he would be excused to take a bath.  He had a bath and went back to the table with his pj’s and dinner.  I think he realized that we were not kidding about that, and he would stay there if he didn’t eat.  That smart little kid decided to give up and started to eat the food.  He ate everything! We were amazed how hard and easy it was.  War!

Since that day on, he is eating new foods. He is even saying phrases like, “Yummy”, “Delicious”,  “I like spaghetti!” and of course "If I eat everything, I'll get the "king".
Attaboy Son! We are SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

I don’t know how did worked.  That so terrified day. The promise.  Maybe he is growing older and leaving those picky eaters days behind.  The prayers.  Anyway, the matter of fact is that he is eating. 

I guess that so dreamed “King” it is worth something more than his price, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment